HOME SPINAL HYGIENE AND CARE
Home Spinal Care
Most of us understand that every part of our body needs to be taken care of. We see the dentist regularly to maintain oral hygiene. We schedule physicals, mammograms, and colonoscopies as regular wellness checkups. You are taught from a very young age that you must brush your teeth a couple times a day and floss at least once a day if you want to have a healthy smile. Basically, we are taught that if we don't do proper up-keep on all areas of our body it won't last as long as we want it to.
That said, spinal health seems to fly under the radar in our society. No one is taught to take care of their spine. If you ask anyone what spinal hygiene is, or how to properly take care of your spine there is a very good change all you will get is a funny stare!
3. The spine should be surrounded by many strong muscles and ligaments. If any of those muscles or ligaments become weak it can make the spine more susceptible to injury and illness.
Daily home Spinal Care Procedures:
The following Home Spinal Care procedures shuold be followed daily and consistently just as you brush your teeth. If done correctly and consistantly they will help you build and maintain the three areas of spinal health.
1) Range of motion, 2) Spinal Alignment, and 3) Spinal Strength and flexibility.
Way to go! You have now taken your spine through its full range of motion and Strengthening . Do this every day to help maintain proper range of motion in your spine. This is also a great exercise to teach your children so they can grow up practicing proper spinal hygiene.
Research has shown that people who are physically fit are less likely to have back pain, injuries, and will also recover much faster from injuries than those who are less physically fit.
Other Exercises Recommended for Spinal Health and Stability:
3. Forward Posture - Wall Angel - CLICK HERE (VIDEO)
4. SCM Over the Shoulder Stretch
5. Superman on Ball - Back Strength and Stability Exercise - Click Here (VIDEO)
6. Mirror Image Exercises (Prescribed by your Doctor) 6. Dead Bug Exercise - CLICK HERE (VIDEO)
7. Cervical Extension Exercise - CLICK HERE (VIDEO)
8. Lumbar Extension Exercise - CLICK HERE (VIDEO)
9. Right Spoas (Hip Flexor) Stretch and Left Spoas (Hip Flexor) Stretch - VIDEO
10. Chest Expander Exercise - CLICK HERE (VIDEO)
11. Left Alar Ligament Exercise / Right Alar Ligament Exercise - VIDEO